Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Dolly Change

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner felicityprincess04's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 30th, 2004
    Posts
    683
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If most of you know, I was planning to purchase Kirsten for my birthday trip to AGPLA in June, but I think I've changed my mind.
    I started taking a closer look at Josefina, and well, need I say more? [img]redface.gif[/img]
    So I was wondering if you guys could tell me ANYTHING about Josefina, ups and downs, which accessories and outfits you like and which ones you don't, any specs about her stuff.
    Thanks guys, [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

    ~~Elle [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner felicityprincess04's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 30th, 2004
    Posts
    683
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    bump [img]frown.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Magdalen's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 14th, 2005
    Posts
    135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well Josefina wasn't mine from the start so I don't have a lot of her outfits, plus she's from 97 so yeah...

    Anyway I can't really say anything bad about her [img]smile.gif[/img] (even if mine does have her head on loopsided and one eye doesn't close hahaha) She's really very pretty. I only currently have her christmas dress, riding dress, school and meet (the belts tend to slip on these two, especially the school and that only bothers me cause I am anal about it heh). I've heard good reviews about her weaving outfit and it looks nice even from pictures. Hair is at a nice length to play around with, tho my josefina's texture is kind of dry, ok well maybe not dry, its just not as soft or silky as my other too. But still is, if that makes sense.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member MaryCarly's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 20th, 2004
    Posts
    1,010
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    All of Josefina's clothing is well made and the birthday outfit with the golden shawl is especially fine (also my dd's favorite.)
    My personal favorite of her outfits is her summer riding outfit. I also really like her Christmas dress even though I avoided it for quite awhile, because it didn't look Christmasy to me. It comes with a one piece undergarment that has to be the cutest thing AG has ever made.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member robin0850's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2005
    Posts
    1,270
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    LOVE Josefina!

    I was kind of neutral about her weaving outfit for awhile, but when it was on Monthly Special at AG, I got it, and was AMAZED at how much more elegant it is in person!! It is now my favorite outfit of hers, excepting maybe her birthday outfit, or maybe they're ties. [img]smile.gif[/img] Highly recommend the weaving outfit!! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member DScully717's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2006
    Posts
    225
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I LOVE Josefina. She is such a gorgeous doll in person and she has really cool hair. Plus, I like her style of outfits (some more Americanized, some very Mexican). I just wish she had more outfits and accessories, but what she does have is quality. My Josefina is from 2003. You can view an album w/pics of her in it here:

    Dollie Album

  7. #7
    Inactive Member slovejoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2005
    Posts
    705
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Josefina is beautiful, but I do have issues with her hair...I feel it get's dry and damamged much easier than my other dolls, the texture seems a bit rougher. She has also lost quite a large amount due to shedding and it looks much flatter than the one in the catalog. Hope that helps!

    Shanna

  8. #8
    GreyMyst
    Guest GreyMyst's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by slovejoy:
    Josefina is beautiful, but I do have issues with her hair...I feel it get's dry and damamged much easier than my other dolls, the texture seems a bit rougher. She has also lost quite a large amount due to shedding and it looks much flatter than the one in the catalog. Hope that helps!

    Shanna
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I was told by customer service this is a known problem with Josefina. She sheds and loses ALOT of hair as well as it tangling quite easily. They didn't really have any suggestions as to fixing it either. I've noticed misting more helps some, but not much.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member anniebeez's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 21st, 2006
    Posts
    280
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sadly, our Josefina is the most neglected of our dolls in terms of outfits. All she has is the incomplete meet outfit she came in from Ebay. But that is because she is our newest historical and we haven't even really begun to shop for her!
    But she is really pretty and my dd loves her. I have seen her collection close up at AGPC and it is really scrumptious! The quality is really high. I was very impressed with the Christmas outfit, and especially the black lace shawl which is incredibly gorgeous! The golden shawl is made from a high quality fabric and has a nice drapey quality to it. Her little goat is nicer than Felicity's lamb, it is heavier.I would give her collection an A+!
    ~Annie

  10. #10
    Inactive Member AgLight's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2005
    Posts
    59
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Although I don't own her, my friend does, and I agree with everybody that she's adorable! She has tons of great outfits, and she looks good in Today clothes too. Plus, she's easy to sew for- just make a skirt and voila! new outfit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •